… Charge separately for different call legs for ANI callback
Let’s say you only want to allow your customers from the UK and Ireland to initiate callbacks. This can be done by setting up separate charging for different call legs and restricting the destinations in the call legA tariff to destinations in the UK and Ireland.
- Edit the Accounting section of the Callback calling application:
- Create tariffs that will be used for separately charging for different call legs following the instructions described in the previous chapters.
- Enter rates to the tariffs:
- Modify the callback product:
- On the Usage charges panel add a new rating entry with your PortaSIP node, the tariff that will be used for charging for call legA and the access code in this format: <LegA CLD Prefix> + <Access number> (e.g., 123#18882325698);
- Add another rating entry with your PortaSIP node, the tariff that will be used for charging call legB and the access code in the format <LegB CLD Prefix> + <Access number> (e.g., 456#18882325698).
… Charge separately for different call legs for WEB and Email callback
- Perform steps 1-3 as described in the section above.
- Modify the callback product:
- On the Usage charges panel add a new rating entry with your PortaSIP node, the tariff that will be used for charging for call legA and the access code in the format <LegA CLD Prefix> + <Access Code> (e.g., 123#WEBCALLBACK);
- On the Usage charges panel add a new rating entry with your PortaSIP node, the tariff that will be used for charging call leg A and the access code in this format: <LegB CLD Prefix> + <Access Code> (e.g., 456#WEBCALLBACK).
… Simply match multiple access numbers to a tariff for call leg charging
This option allows you to apply a single tariff to charge users for calls made to their numbers (call leg A) from multiple access numbers (e.g., if you provide DNIS callback), and to apply another tariff to charge users for calls to destination numbers (call leg B).
To match all access numbers to corresponding tariffs in the product, do the following:
- Configure the callback services as described in the Setting up callback services handbook.
- Configure the LegA CLD Prefix and LegB CLD Prefix of the Callback calling IVR applications and then perform further tariff and product configurations. To do this, follow the instructions described in the …Configure separate charge for incoming leg chapter in the How to… handbook of the Prepaid services section.
… Configure brand prompts
You may want to greet your end users or guide them through the IVR application once they have dialed the access number. Brand prompts is the audio tool that helps you reach this goal. You may use the default brand prompts or create and configure customized ones.
In order to play the default brand prompts, enable the Play welcome message checkbox on the IVR Applications page (see step 7 of this section).
To configure custom brand prompts, perform all of the following steps:
- Record the greeting/guiding prompt in the *.wav format.
- Log in to a processing node via SSH.
- Convert the recorded file into the *.au and *.g729 formats using the PortaOne converter – prompt_converter.pl:
/prompt_converter.pl --timeout 14 –config <path_to_config_file> –debug <file_nameN>
- The brand prompts must have these names – welcome.au and welcome.g729. If the converted file names differ, rename them:
mv <orig_name>.au welcome.au mv <orig_name>.g729 welcome.g729
- Create two new
folders to place the brand prompts there later:
mkdir /porta_var/psmsc/custom-files/prompts/brands/my_company mkdir /porta_var/psmsc/custom-files/prompts/brands/my_company/enYou may use any custom name instead of my_company for the first folder. For the second folder use the value specified in the Preferred IVR Language field in the account settings. In our example we assume that the preferred IVR language is English.
- Place the brand prompts in the
newly created en folder by using the
mv welcome.au /porta_var/psmsc/custom-files/prompts/brands/my_company/en mv welcome.g729 /porta_var/psmsc/custom-files/prompts/brands/my_company/en
- Repeat for each processing node of the installation.
- Configure the brand prompts on the Voice applications page of the web interface: