This panel displays the list of Customer Premises Equipment (CPE) such as IP phones that match your search query.
Each entry in the phones/CPE list consists of:
Device ID – the device ID that serves as a unique device name. This is also a link that redirects you to the device details.
Description – this is a short description of the device. To add/remove this column, click Settings on the title bar, click Customize columns, and select/clear the Description checkbox.
Device model – the hardware model of the device, e.g., Yealink SIP-T21P E2.
CPE profile – the CPE profile assigned to the device. This is also a link that redirects you to the CPE profile details.
Managed by – shows whether the device is managed by the administrator or a specific reseller.
MAC address – the device MAC address, e.g., 00:14:20:FF:3C:52.
Assigned to – a specific customer the device is allocated to.
Total ports – the total number of device ports.
Free ports – the number of ports that are not assigned to any account.
Inventory ID – the inventory ID that allows you to identify the device in the external system, e.g., your warehouse management application.
Download the device list
To download the list of devices available in the CPE inventory:
- click the Download button on the toolbar > select the file type: .csv, .xls, or .xlsx > click Download to confirm. When the file is available to download, a new notification is available on the toolbar.
- open the notification and click Download.
Upload the device list
You can upload a batch of devices to the CPE inventory from a .csv, .xls, or .xlsx file.
- Prepare a file to upload a batch of devices.
To get the file template (with all available columns in the required order), you can download the file as described above.
The file has mandatory columns:
- Action – contains the “Add” value (another option is “Remove”);
- Name – contains the device ID;
- Device model – contains the device model, e.g., Yealink SIP-T21P E2;
- MAC address – contains the device MAC address, e.g., 00:14:20:FF:3C:52.
Optionally, you can fill in the other columns such as:
- Managed by – specify a reseller’s name to allow only a specific reseller to manage a device;
- CPE profile – fill in to assign a CPE profile to a device;
- Shared with reseller – specify “Y” (Yes) to make a device available not only to the administrator but also to all resellers;
- Tenant customer name – specify a customer’s name to allocate a device to a specific customer.
- Click Upload on the toolbar > select the file to upload > click Upload to confirm.
When the upload is completed, you receive a notification with the upload results. The notification is available on the toolbar.
If any errors occurred during the upload (e.g., MAC address is not unique), you can download the error list.
You can allocate devices to a specific customer.
When the administrator/reseller assigns a device to a customer’s account for automatic provisioning, they can select either a device allocated to this customer or a device that doesn’t yet belong to any customer. This avoids human error such as assigning a device sold to one customer to another customer.
To assign devices to a customer:
- select the checkboxes for the needed devices and click Assign on the title bar;
- select a customer in the dropdown list and click Apply.
If a device is available not only to the administrator but also to all resellers (Shared with resellers), select a reseller and then a reseller’s customer.
To delete a device from the CPE inventory, select the corresponding checkbox and click Delete in the title bar. You can’t delete a device if at least one of its ports is used.
Customize the panel
Change table settings – click Settings in the title bar to customize columns and change row style.
Re-order the columns – drag-and-drop the column headers right or left to place the columns in the order you want.
Re-order the rows – click the arrow (or ) next to the column header to re-sort the rows. For example, the Phones/CPE panel displays records in alphabetical order. You can re-sort them in the reverse order.
Change the default number of results globally – use the Number of results drop-down list in the upper right corner to adjust the maximum number of rows that appear on the panel. By default, the panel displays 25 rows. Once the number is changed, it’s automatically saved, so the same number of rows is shown for PortaBilling entities, e.g., customer, account, reseller, etc.